Thursday, August 23, 2012

Julep Daisy

One last yellow for this week, and then I need to move on to something else! Today I have Julep Daisy for you. Now, if this looks familiar, you're correct! I already posted about this briefly when I did my review of the Julep's It Girl Maven box last month. But I didn't get to show you all the pretty pictures I took!

Daisy is described as a "bright lemon yellow creme" and this is pretty spot on. The formula was pretty nicely pigmented and even felt a little like a jelly to me. There's no shimmer here, but that doesn't detract because the color of this polish is just so upbeat and cheerful. I generally love Julep's creme polishes, but Daisy represents most yellow polishes in that it's streaktastic. Seriously. The first coat was horrifying. This was three coats of Daisy and that was good enough to give me fairly even coverage. I'm sure it's perfect, but it looks pretty darn good. It also dried very quickly, which I loved.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


I love this polish! Even without shimmer, I love the way this looks. I love how happy this is. I can definitely see myself turning to this for a pick me up during the winter when I need some color in my life and am missing summer. I'd also like to compare this to Cult Nails Feel Me Up, but I think that leans a little darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment