Monday, August 6, 2012

American Apparel Made in LA Sunset

Tonight I have an unusual polish for you, Sunset, which is a polish that comes around due to a collaboration between American Apparel and the LA Hammer Museum. To be honest, when I ordered this I thought Sunset was kind of an orange coral color-- wrong! I don't even really now how to describe Sunset, honestly. It's a weird color. It's kind of an orange, terracotta brown with a gorgeous gold glass fleck shimmer. Certainly, it's a bit dark and more brown than I originally anticipated.

Here I have used two coats of Sunset. The camera seems to pick up a bit of visible nail line, but really, there's no or very limited VNL in real life. The formula is great -- not too thick and not too runny. Went on easily and dried quickly and I didn't have any issues. The shimmer is prominent and very pretty and I think really makes this polish.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Sunset is $6 and available on American Apparel's website. I believe these are limited edition, but am not entirely sure. I like this color, even if it is a bit weird-- the shimmer helps it immensely. Don't know if I would have bought this had I known this was the actual color, but it's growing on me.

1 comment: